You know it...

My photo
I'm a happy and simple person who just happens to be lucky and in love. Must have items in life: ♥ my family, pup, friends and the one that makes my heart all a-flutter♥. Don't be fooled though, I have bad days too, but that's ok because Light needs Darkness. Watch the TEDtalk about that.

Monday, October 24, 2011

A Mega Case of the Mondays

What is a case of the Mondays? Well, to me, it means a bad bad bad day. So bad, it requires three bad's!

So now that we have a clear definition, I am having the worst case of the Mondays, and it is all my fault. Instead of doing all the things I was supposed to do this weekend I thought, "Oh I've been under SO MUCH STRESS lately, I should take it easy because SO MUCH STRESS in the body isn't healthy." It's a fact, I learned it not only in my Health Psychology class but also in my Health Disparities course. This of course was the worst idea I've ever had in my life. Who am I kidding? I had a PROJECT for my WRITING class due on Monday, and I decided it would be a good weekend to take off? You can see how this is all becoming my fault.

Well, I spent the whole weekend studying for other things and watching movies and eating ice cream cake. Not productive at all in terms of my HUGE PROJECT due on Monday. Mistake number 2. Then last night I decide to drive my boyfriend back home instead of making him take the train, mistake number 3. I STILL HAD a whole project to do! But, my silly little girl brain thinks this is a good idea because, hey! anytime with my boyfriend is a good time. False. I was so stressed the whole time I was with him because I FINALLY decided to start my project and was up till 2:30AM and I didn't even finish. Then I remembered I would have to drive my procrastinating behind all the way back to Merced tomorrow morning. Yes, that doesn't sound like a terrible drive, so maybe you need some back story. I hate driving. I especially hate driving the short stretch between Modesto and Merced because I drive it so often. Therefore driving either direction stresses me out way more than it should. It definitely puts into perspective for me the 20 years my Dad spent commuting back and forth to the Bay Area. He just outdid himself for the Strongest Man in the World award. So, main point, I did NOT have a fabulous time with my boyfriend and I should've just had him take the train.

On top of my not so stellar decision making, I am beyond homesick, I am beyond stressed, and I spent half my morning crying because I was so upset with myself.

So, note: Procrastinating because I think I've done enough stressing for the week, then proceeding to sleep over at my boyfriends place is not worth this Mega Monday Meltdown.

disclaimer: I obviously do not blame my wonderful, amazing, handsome boyfriend for any of my feelings. He didn't hold a gun to my head.

Basically, I'm having a hate fest at the moment. But, I did pray to Eugene during my whole crying session on the way back home this morning...so hopefully he answers my prayers or just helps me remember this feeling next time I think of postponing important business.

No comments:

Post a Comment