You know it...

My photo
I'm a happy and simple person who just happens to be lucky and in love. Must have items in life: ♥ my family, pup, friends and the one that makes my heart all a-flutter♥. Don't be fooled though, I have bad days too, but that's ok because Light needs Darkness. Watch the TEDtalk about that.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Selcouth




I've been in a major DETOX mode for the past few days now and I'm already starting to feel the benefits. Trying some meditation, picking up a book more often, and waking up ridiculously early to work up a sweat and start my day off right. It was a slow start, but it's making fast changes. Totally loving it. I felt so out of myself. Negative, miserable, and having a quiet inner war. It's nice to be finding a balance again and to be rediscovering parts of myself that I truly love.

On a completely different note, I have been looking up "odd ball" interview questions that might be a tough to answer in an interview because, you know, I'm totally NOT looking for a new job. Anyways, the internet has some pretty interesting results for curve ball interview questions.

1. Do you believe in Big Foot?

I would have to say...yes! If there is one thing you should know about me is that I believe in magic. Actually, I just believe in all things that are sometimes pretty unbelievable! And to be honest, I don't even think Big Foot is terrible. He is probably just very misunderstood, not unlike a shark.
* I really liked this question. I've never had to think about whether or not I believed in Big Foot, have you? Honestly!

2. What are your favorite song lyrics? Why?
I'm through accepting limits
'cause someone says they're so
Some things I can not change
But till I try I'll never know!
-Defying Gravity, Wicked
Is it just me, or don't those words make you feel empowered? They are even better with the music and if Idina Menzel sings them instead of me. I loved the book and I loved the play. The story speaks to me in a language that I feel few others speak, and these lyrics in particular help me re-center myself and my perspective of others and the world.
*Didn't even know these were my favorite lyrics until a question made me think about it. But after a few minutes of letting go that my favorite lyrics did NOT come from an Earth, Wind, and Fire song...I knew exactly what they were. <3

3. How lucky are you and why?

Luck is believing you are lucky, and I am extremely lucky! I know some people don't believe in it, but as stated in my previous answer about Big Foot, I think it's safe to say that I believe in luck. There are things you have to work hard for and then almost insist on a lucky opportunity to pass by, then take a leap of faith! That's that 3% luck that everyone talks about in becoming successful. But there is also the luck of the family I have, finding the love of my life, and being mindful of how blessed I am. I didn't have to work to choose my family, I was born into a beautiful, loving family. That's lucky. When I met the love of my life, we were 12, and it took us 9 years of not even trying to fall in love, to fall in love. That's lucky. I CHOOSE to be mindful of my great life and the people that fill my heart. The fact that I choose this over fear, and that I try my best to be mindful, that is lucky. I'm lucky because I believe in luck.



I liked these questions because they weren't surface, I felt that if someone had answered them for me, I would feel more connected and intimate with the person. I find that as a happy note in the world of stressful interviewing!

Feeling much more positive and connected with my inner peace after meditation and, shockingly, these odd ball interview questions. It was nice to learn something about myself today! :-) Trying my best to remember to take my days a little slower, ask for help when needed, be kind to myself, and nourish my soul so I can better serve those around me.

Happy Topsy Turvey Tuesday!

Until next time...

xoxo
M.




No comments:

Post a Comment